Happy Valentine's Day!!!
|Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe|
Prep time: 20 Mins
Cook time: 17 Mins
Yields: 12 cupcakes
Make your special occasions even more special by baking these vegan red velvet cupcakes. Frost it with your favorite frosting and add sprinkles to suit the celebration.
- 1 cup Non Dairy Milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Oil
- bottle Red Food Coloring (make sure that it’s vegan)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
For Frosting, Check this Vegan Butter cream Icing recipe
- Preheat the oven at 350F for 15 minutes. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and grease it lightly.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the milk and vinegar allowing it to curdle. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar too.
- Once the milk has curdled, stir in the oil, food color and the extracts. Whisk it well to combine.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients to it, stirring it until all the ingredients come together. Small lumps are okay. Take care to see that you do not over mix it otherwise you will not get fluffy cupcakes.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4ths full of the batter.
- Bake it for about 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean or with very little crumbs is okay too. Mine were done after 17 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let it remain there for 5 minutes. After that remove the cupcakes from the pan and let it cool completely before you can frost it.
- Then go get your loves and gobble these goodies up!!!
*Credits- Thank you to egglesscooking.com for these amazing cupcake treats!